Hi friends! Happy Memorial Day! I hope if you have one, your long weekend is going fabulously. I’m stopping in today with a fun little post and an exciting announcement <– not preggo, trust me. (I do want to note before anyone gets all grumpy: while some of this post is based in truth, it’s a lighthearted joke of a post. Please do not get offended by this post – it’s not like me and my small potatoes IG are the perfect example of an Instagram account.)
Reasons I Won’t Follow You On Instagram
- You follow a sketchy number of people. Why do you follow 5000 people and only 100 follow you back? That makes NO sense, especially since following people who follow you is so encouraged and common. Why do people hate you so much that they won’t follow you back? Nope. No thanks.
- You’re a child, run by a mom. Can we please talk about this? I will never understand this – a parent posting pictures of his or her child and captioning it as if the child posted it!! Creepy. That’s creepy. Especially when it’s a small child who can’t talk – because I get that a 6 year old could want an IG but obviously not have one, and mom might have to compromise. But your baby is not tlaking about how much she loves the spring weather or going to Shake Shack with daddy. Nope. Why wouldn’t you just make you OWN Instagram and post a lot of pictures of your kids like a normal person. Is it just me that gets weirded out by this?
- You are some random brand I don’t identify with. YOU GUYS. Do you all get followed by the most RANDOM brands that are clearly just following everyone and anyone to grab some followers? I swear I get followed by everything from male enhancement products to gymnastics companies to bladder control products. (okay, so after 2 kids the last one may be fitting, but still. I ain’t following you back.) They all inevitably unfollow me a few days later, so it’s clearly just an attempt to get more followers, but I’m sure if they did some market research and followed those in their demographic they’d have much better results. And to be honest, that laziness is one of the big reasons I don’t follow them.
- Your profile is private. For real, though. I know that this is often a strategy to get people to follow you but it’s just annoying. 10 t0 1 your bio is a bunch of emojis and like 4 words, so I don’t even know anything about you, and you’re hoping I’ll just be interested enough to want to see? No thanks. If I can tell thats your game plan, I’m not gonna lie – I won follow you out of spite.
- You’re trying to sell me something. Oh my goodness. First of, go you in a 100% non-sarcastic way for joining XYZ and having the ambition to have your own business. Really! Congrats. BUT. I do not want your nail stickers or wraps or workouts or whatever else you’re selling. I have no idea who you are. We are not friends or acquaintances – we don’t even live on the same coast! So please don’t write me a note, compliment my feed and my kids in what is clearly a form letter and tell me you think I would be a great fit for whatever. It’s SO impersonal and even if I was thinking about joining one of these, I would not be joining yours because the way you do business is not my style. (That begin said, although I always say no thanks, if you genuinely get to know me and ask, I don’t mind.)
But Morgan, what about this announcement? I’m so glad you asked!
I’m SO excited to announce that starting June 1 I will be co-hosting an Instagram challenge with my girl Anne Marie from Crunchy Crafty and Highly Caffeinated! I would LOVE it if you’d join in! Here’s the graphic for the challenge-
Seriously it’s going to be SO much fun and I can’t wait to see how everyone interprets each prompt. If you’re looking to up your Instagram game with a bit more consistency, this is a perfect way to get started!
Each week Anne Marie and I will be featuring our 2 favorite photos on our accounts and linking back to the accounts, so be sure to post daily and follow Anne Marie and myself (@CCHCblog and @morganmanages) for the chance to get even more exposure on your account!
Oh and did I mention I’m working on getting together a summer themed prize pack 😉 So make sure that you’re posting every day to get a better chance to win! The challenge starts on Wednesday, so get ready for some fun!
Okay, so have you ever done and IG challenge? Any tips? What did you like or dislike about them? Will you be joining us on Wednesday? Let me know in the comments!!
Being a mom is tough - I'm here to help!
Join the Morgan Manages Mommyhood mailing list to get easy, fun kid food your kids will WANT to eat and realistic parenting advice you won't roll your eyes at send right to your inbox!