These Mother’s Day Songs are perfect for the big day! If you’re looking for a way to celebrate, you’ll love these songs about mom. Whether you’re looking for a Mother’s Day playlist, Country Songs for Mom, or just some great mom songs, these are for you.
The Ultimate Mother’s Day Songs Playlist
If you’re looking for some great songs for Mother’s day, we’ve got you covered with over 40 songs about mom! Don’t forget to leave a comment and let us know which is your favorite or which we forgot!
“A Song for Mama” by Boyz II Men
This song was on every single list I looked at to research and for good reason! This sweet song is perfect for Mother’s Day.
“Mom” by Meghan Trainor
This sweet jam actually features powerhouse Meghan Trainor’s own mom, Kelli Trainor! Meghan actually says she wrote this to be the Ultimate Mother’s Day Song card.
“I’ll Always Love My Mama” by The Intruders
A classic, old school song about mom, it’s perfect for celebrating! What could be better than a song with lyrics like, “I’ll always love my mama/
She’s my favorite girl/I’ll always love my mama/She brought me in this world.”
“93 Million Miles,” by Jason Mraz
This upbeat song is perfect for Mother’s Day about how Mraz’ mom supported and encouraged him to go far and succeed in life.
“Thank You Mom” by Good Charlotte
My early teen years started with a love of Good Charlotte and I still have a soft spot for them. This sweet song about mom tells of a the pride her sons have for her.
More Songs about Mom
- “Oh Mother“ by Christina Aguilera
- “God Only Knows,” by The Beach Boys
- “Your Mother Should Know“ by The Beatles
- “Mama’s Pearl” by The Jackson 5’s
- “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- “Look What You’ve Done” by Drake
- “Dance” by Nas
- “You Can’t Lose Me” by Faith Hill
- “Turn to You” by Justin Bieber
“Mama,” by Spice Girls
Where are by Spice Girls lovers?! I touted this girl band in our Girl Power Songs post, but this Mother’s Day song focuses on the power of our mamas!
“The Perfect Fan,” by The Backstreet Boys
Keeping up with the late 90’s, early 00’s theme, this OG Backstreet Boys song tells about everyone’s first fan.
“Hey Mama,” by Kanye West
Love him or not to much, this classic Kanye song says everything many of us feel. “A living legend too, just look at what heaven do, send us an angel, and I thank you/Hey mama, I want to scream so loud for you/’Cause I’m so proud of you,”
“The Best Day” by Taylor Swift
Swift speaks about her mother and the positive influence she’s had on her often. This song (and the accompanying sweet video) says a lot!
More Songs About Mom
- “Mom” by Lucero
- “The Wish” by Bruce Springsteen
- “Somebody’s Hero” by Jamie O’Neal
- “Mother” by Ashanti
- “You Raise Me Up,” by Josh Groban
- “Mama Liked the Roses” by Elvis Presley
- Ray Charles, “Mother”
- “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle” by Glen Campbell and Steve Wariner
- “Dear Mama,” by 2Pac
- “I’ll Be There” by Mac Miller ft. Phonte
- “The First Lady in My Life,” by Paul Todd
“I Got It From My Mama,” by will.i.am
This might not be the best song about mom, but it definitely tells her that we get our best, uh, assets from mom!
“Ring Off” by Beyonce
This song by the Queen herself was written for her mom, Tina, when she was ging through her divorce.
“Two of Us” by Louis Tomlinson
This sweet song is written by Louis of One Direction fame about his mother who passed from Leukemia and is full of heart pulling sentiments.
“(God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You“ by *NSYNC
You may think that this song is about the love of their life, but this 00’s boy band hit video shows a sweet Mother-Son relationship.
Country Songs About Mom
It’s no surprise that Country boys and girls love to sing about their mamas – here are our favorite country Mother’s Day Songs.
- “Mama Tried” by Merle Haggard
- “Mother Like Mine” by The Band Perry
- “Mama’s Song,” by Carrie Underwood
- “The Mother“ by Brandi Carlile
- “Like My Mother Does” by Lauren Alaina
- “Mother” by Sugarland
- “The Baby“ by Blake Shelton
- “Angels,” by Randy Travis
- “Mother” by Kacey Musgraves
- “Don’t Forget to Remember Me” by Carrie Underwood
- “Mom“ by Garth Brooks
Find more Country Songs for Kids here!