Music players for toddlers are a great way to foster a love for music and encourage independence. Grab an easy to use, durable, well-rated toddler MP3 player for your kiddo and watch them fall in love!
The 5 Best Music Players for Toddlers
We’ve gathered the cutest and most valuable toddler MP3 players today for you to encourage a love of music in your kiddo!
What to look for in a music player for toddlers?
- Durability. We all know toddlers are little tornadoes. If they didn’t look durable, we didn’t list them.
- Ease of Use. Music players for toddlers can be tough since they need to be really easy to use!
- Music Options. We focused on music players that allowed you to add your own music.
- Look. Kids love fun looking stuff! We were looking for fun music players for toddlers in fun colors and themes.
- Reviews. We scoured Amazon to find options with great reviews from previous purchasers.
Our Picks for the Best Music Players for Toddlers
Today we’re sharing our top picks for music players for toddlers. If you’re looking to grant your little some independence and foster a love for music, we’ve got you covered!
Our number one choice for a music player for toddlers is easily the Echo Dot for Kids. It’s easy to use and voice activated, so it’s perfect for littles.
It’s easy to set parental controls, syncs up with lots of Amazon programs like Amazon Music and Audible, making it a great option for kids.
Pros for this toddler music player:
- Utilizes AmazonMusic for unlimited music options
- Can be used with Disney+, Audible, interactive game, educational skills and more with Amazon FreeTime
- Comes with a year of Amazon FreeTime, the kid-friendly Amazon content platform.
- Create custom playlists
- Ability to set limits for different activities.
- Use as a time, alarm, and more.
- 2 Year, no questions asked warranty.
- Will last though toddler age
- Sound only, so it can be a bit boring if your kiddo wants to watch something as well.
- No headphone option
- If your child doesn’t speak or annunciate well, it might be hard for Alexa to understand them.
This adorable MP3 player for toddlers is so cute. If you have a Toy Story fan, this is perfect! It comes with a microphone so kiddos can sing along to their favorite songs. Upload your own music so it’s perfect for picky kiddos.
- Unlimited audio via Bluetooth streaming..
- 1 GB memory storage
- USB port to upload music to music player for toddlers.
- Real microphone for sing alongs
- Headphone jack
- Rechargeable batteries
Pros of this music player for toddlers
- Lots of memory storage – you can store up to 16 hours of music on the device.
- Rechargable batteries. No need to constantly replace with expensive batteries.
- Ability to be used with headphones.
- Microphone for extra fun.
- An adult needs to add music.
- Too many options could be overwhelming for toddlers if they’re looking for a specific song.
- Microphones could get unbearably obnoxious.
- Recommended for 3+
This option is easy to use, affordable, and even comes with a small lanyard for slippery hands.
- Built in speakers for out loud play
- Bluetooth headphones
- 10 Built in soothing sounds
- Video and Picture storage
- Sound recording
- Alarm and stop watch
- FM Radio
- 8 GB of storage with expansion up to 128G option
- This one does it all, from uploading your own songs, to video, recording sound and even ebooks.
- Optional increased storage
- Sound both preloaded and uploaded by parents.
- Can be used with wired or blue tooth headphones or as a speaker.
- Lyrics display can aid in an eagerness to learn reading.
- Alarm and timer function.
- 20-50 hours of charged playback time, depending on what you use.
- Can set a max sound limit.
- Reviews indicate ease of use for toddlers.
- Reviews say adding your own music might be a bit tricky.
- There’s a unicorn on the back of the blue one and no option without.
- Screen is glass, so it could caue an issue with breaking.
- Cannot disable features like FM Radio.
- Songs have to be downloaded to your computer, does not sync with iTunes etc.
This option is absolutely adorable with a kitty face, claw themed buttons, and light up ears. It’s a great option if you’re going to be uploading your own music and has the option of expanded storage.
- Headphone jack, speaker, and bluetooth headphone options
- FM Radio
- Voice recording
- supports video and photo viewing
- Supports Ebooks in TXT format
- 2 hours to charge and up to 30 hours of playback time
- Auto timed shutoff
- Cute cat theme
- Great reviews on usability and durability.
- multiple playing options
- Timed shut off so you can restrict usage.
- 12-month warranty
- Bluetooth compatible, so it can sync with Bluetooth headphones, speakers, or even the car.
- One button to lock
- Optional additional storage with a MicroSD card
- Must download MP3s to the computer before uploading. (Though reviews say you can drag and drop from iTunes.)
- Parents need to to do uploading to the device
- Pretty small, so could be easy to lose.
We love this cute option with a bear paw theme and bright colors.
Features for this Music Player for toddlers
- Up to 128G of space, 8GB storage as is
- Voice recording
- Video playback
- Ebook reading
- Easy to use radio frequency from 87.5 to 108MHZ
- 1.8″ LCD Screen
- Time out/sleep mode
- Cute bear paw design, both blue and pink
- Can play simple games like tetris or snake
- Expandable storage options
- Up to 25 hours of playtime fully charged
- One Key to Lock Screen
- Can save FM radio stations
- Reviews say kids as young as 2 can use easily
- 3 hours to fully charge
- Only can be used with wired headphones, not as speaker or with Bluetooth headphones.
- Cannot disable other features
- Needs parents help to add music to device
This fun karaoke style music player for toddlers is too much fun!
- 512mb SD which stores up to 100 songs
- Can stream music via Bluetooth
- 2 Microphones
- Handle for carrying
Pros for this Toddler Music Player
- 2 microphones so 2 kids (or a grown up!) can sing together.
- Stream music Bluetooth, USB, Aux plug in, or tune into the FM Radio
- Handle for easy carrying
- Separate volume control for microphone and music
- Sing with or without music
- Uses AA batteries or a 5vUSB cable for charging, neither are included
- No headphone jack
- A few have reported that it broke, but customer service quickly replaced it.
- With no headphone option, could very easily get annoying.