Summer songs for kids are a great way to help kids celebrate the season and hang out with some great jams! School is out and it’s time to party! Turn up this kid friendly playlist of summer songs everyone will love. Don’t worry, we’ve scanned through these lyrics and found clean songs you can play at any backyard get together.
At the bottom, you’ll find a BONUS playlist of kids songs about summer as well!
The Best Summer Songs for Kids
- Surfin’ USA by The Beach Boys. I’m pretty sure you cannot have a clean summer playlist without adding the Beach Boys. It was hard to decide which to choose, but I think this is one of my personal favorites.
- Summer by Calvin Harris. A more chill, dance song for summer, it’s a kid-friendly song perfect for moms and kiddos.
- School’s Out by Alice Cooper. This one might be about school being out and his hatred for school, but you can’t argue how fun it is to sing on the last day of school.
- Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams. A classic about a memorable summer, my boys love belting this song out.
- Under the Sea by The Little Mermaid. Okay, I couldn’t resist adding a song from my favorite Disney movie, but does it get more kid friendly and seasonally appropriate?
- Top Down by Brown and Gray. This one is on my country songs for kids playlist, but it’s such a fun, happy jam that everyone loves.
- Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow. You can’t beat this clean summer jam when it comes to happy, sunny songs that make you think of warm days.
- Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. Is it just me or is a good reggae song basically the sign of summer? This makes me want a frozen daiquiri and a beach.
- Pontoon by Big Little Town. How fun is this little song about spending the day on the water, just hanging out?
- Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. This jam is also found on my hip hop songs for kids post, but it’s especially good for singing all summer long.
- Wipeout by Surfaris. Not necessarily a song your kids can sing to, but this surfing song can definitely be danced too!
- Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters. Such an oldie but a goodie – if you want to dig deep, this song is probably about fooling around under the boardwalk, but considering the age non of that expressly comes through.
- Island in the Sun by Weezer. More low key, but you can’t deny it’s a good one. Kids and grown ups love singing the “hip hip!” part!
- Summer Love by Justin Timberlake. What summer playlist would be complete without this JT classic about finding love in the summer?
- Beachin’ by Jake Owen. While this beach song mentions drinking (cold beer in my hand/margaritas) if that doesn’t bother you, it’s a fun song to bop around to and daydream about spending the day on the sand.
- Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie by Brian Hyland. I always think this is such a funny song and my kids agree – they love to run around singing this song.
- Springsteen by Eric Church. While the concept is a bit out of reach for kids, this song about music bringing you back to a moment in time, which is really the whole point, right?
- Boys of Summer by Don Henley. This classic rock song is another fun one to run around singing – I remember learning all the words when my favorite band the Atari’s covered it!
- Cruel Summer – Bananarama.
- Summer Nights from Grease. Okay, so this one might not be the MOST kid friendly (definitely alludes to some adult themes, but it’s subtle) BUT it’s a song everyone knows and loves.
Want to make some playlists?
We LOVE Amazon Music Unlimited – it lets me make playlists easily on my computer or phone and play anywhere. It also syncs with Alexa, so your kids can play their favorite playlists whenever they want.
Kids Songs about Summer and Beaches
Looking for songs for kids about the summer, sun and the beach? These kids songs are perfect to play kids to celebrate and teach them about the season!
- I Love Summertime – The Singing Walrus
- The Goldfish (Let’s Go Swimming) – The Laurie Berkner Band
- A Hole in the Bottom of the Sea – Barefoot Books Singalong
- 10 Little Fishies – Super Simple Songs
- Down In The Deep Blue Sea – Super Simple Songs
- Baby Shark
- Boom Chicka Boom – The Learning Station
- I Love Summer – ELF Learning
- Summer Song – Mr. R’s Songs for Teaching
- Mr. Golden Sun – Super Simple Songs
- Have Fun This Summer! – Jack Hartmann
- In the Summer – Olaf