This Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich is piled high with a rainbow of fresh, colorful veggies on soft white bread to make for a kid friendly sandwich that moms feel good about. Using rainbow sandwich fillings to create a fun and healthy lunch, no one can resist this beautiful meal.
Veggie packed, kid-friendly Rainbow Sandwich
With back to school on its way, I’m sure many of us are trying to think of simple and realistic ways to make fun and healthy lunches to pack up. No worries – I’ve got you!
(This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only work with brands I really, truly believe will benefit you! Thank you for supporting Morgan Manages Mommyhood!)
With back to school season upon us, I’m so excited to send the boys to school with these fun rainbow veggie sandwiches.
Tips for making Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich
With the layers, you’re going to want to take some precautions to make sure this sandwich both stays together and doesn’t get icky on the trek to school. Here are some tips.
- Use the hummus as glue. Instead of one thick layer, intersperse it between the more messy layers like shredded veggies to glue things in place.
- Have at least one firm layer. For me it was a layer of bell pepper, but sliced cheese, grilled Portobello, a layer of lunch meat – all would work. You just need something that is stable and will keep things in place.
- If your kids are old enough, a toothpick to keep the vegetable sandwich in place will really help.
- Pat down any “wet” veggies as needed, especially things like tomatoes.
- If you’re sending to school, you might want to skip shredded and stick to slices. Peel long strips of carrot to replace them and use things like zucchini or cucumber.
- Protect the bread with a layer – be it lettuce, a slice of cheese or lunch meat – if it will sit for a bit. This will keep the butter bread soft and delicious.
Try these Rainbow Sandwich fillings
- Red – tomato, bell pepper, beet, radish
- Orange – carrot, bell pepper, roasted sweet potato slices,
- Yellow – bell pepper, squash, yellow tomato
- Green – spinach, lettuce, zucchini, bell pepper, avocado, celery
- Purple – cabbage, beet, eggplant, radicchio, red onion
Simple Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich your kids will Love
This sandwich is super customizable based on what your own family likes. Try different spreads or veggies!
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to vote 5 stars! It helps others find it, and makes my day!
Simple Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich
This Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich is piled high with a rainbow of fresh, colorful veggies on soft white bread to make for a kid friendly sandwich that moms feel good about.
- 2-3 tablespoons hummus
- 2 slices Martin’s Butter Bread
- sliced tomato
- shredded carrot
- yellow bell pepper
- sliced avocado
- shredded red cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
Layer sliced veggies and hummus on Martin’s Butter bread in rainbow order, using hummus to keep it together.
Slice and serve with chips.
This fun rainbow sandwich featuring soft Martin’s Butter Bread is the perfect compromise for moms and kiddos – the bread that kids will absolutely adore and a delicious sandwich that mom feels good about serving. If you’ve never had the pleasure of enjoying Martin’s until now, I promise you’ll find it jumping to the top of your list of favorite breads – the potato rolls are perfect for everything from pulled pork to sliders to hot dogs. They’re a staple here in NJ!
You can find Martin’s Old-Fashioned Real Butter Bread in your local grocery store’s bread section – my local store has it’s own Martin’s section.
Okay so tell me – have you ever tried Martin’s Bread? What is your kiddo obsessed with right now? Do they like rainbow foods? Let me know in the comments!
Looking to get your kids to eat the rainbow? Try these out!