This unicorn dip is sure to be a hit with any lover of mythical creatures. And the rainbow fruit platter is mom approved! Dip fresh fruit from the rainbow platter in a pastel swirled sweet fruit dip that will have mouths watering. Serve at your next party for the perfect homemade unicorn treat!
Unicorn dip for lovers of all things rainbow
As a lover of all things pink and sparkly, I love unicorns.
When my daughter was born, I realized my life long wish of doing allll the girly things with a girl of my own would hopefully come true.
I’ve been on a mission to do alllll the girly things. From Boutique Baby bows to unicorn cupcakes and songs about rainbows for kids, I love it all. Next, I repurposed my red white and blue fruit dip to make a rainbow fruit dip to go crazy for.
And then I realized – who cares! I don’t need a party to make myself a fun treat. And the boys will gobble up fruit regardless of
Unicorn Dip and Rainbow Fruit Platter
This unicorn fruit dip would be so fun for a summer mermaid or unicorn party or just as a healthier option to add to your food table. Yes, the dip has a solid amount of sugar, but it’s probably the lesser of two evils when compared to your average dessert table.
How to make a Unicorn Platter
This Unicorn party platter is super simple – I promise. We’re going to start by making a deliciously sweet fruit dip that we’ll color and swirl to give you that Unicorn look.
- Make the fruit dip. It starts with making homemade whipped cream. Then, in a separate bowl cream your cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and pink lemonade. Finally, fold 1/3 of the whipped cream in, incorporating fully to lighten. Then fold the rest of the cream in.
- Divide your dip. Next, separate the dip into 5 bowls. If I was a good blogger I would probably have 5 of the same pretty bowl. But, let’s be honest, my husband would kill me if I had 5 random bowls that were all the same. So, you get this menagerie.
- Color your unicorn dip. Add food coloring to 4 of the bowls. I decided on girly pastels. I did pink, purple, blue, yellow and white, but you can go more vibrant.
You have two options for how to serve it.
- Plop 2-3 tablespoon spoonfuls staggered in your bowl and swirl with a toothpick.
- Put it in a bag and pipe it.
I like the piping method since it looks neater. I also feel like it defines the colors. That being said, when I dumped the leftovers into a Tupperware after I took pictures I liked that look too.
Note: I do not use real piping bags. I put it all into a large zip-top bag and snip the end. That’s all!
Once you’ve got your dip together, you can make the rainbow fruit platter
Tips for making a rainbow fruit platter
- This would have been even more fun if I layered different fruits of different colors. So with the strawberries, (bonus if you make heart strawberries!) add raspberries, red apples, watermelon. It would also help if I had used green, oops! (insert
- Keep it simple – you don’t need to go all out! On mine, I used strawberries, oranges, pineapple, and blueberries. These are kid-friendly fruits that won’t turn brown or get funky quickly if left out.
- If you choose a fruit like apples, make sure you dip it in a lemon acid solution to avoid browning,
- Add something else – I used marshmallows here. (They reminded me of clouds on a rainbow!) On my 4th of July fruit
dipI used marshmallows and graham crackers. Cookies would also be fun!
- Serve with fun toothpicks if it’s going to a party. This was staying at my house for just my own boys. But let’s be honest. If it wasn’t my own kids I wouldn’t want anyone’s fingers all over everything.
You’ll want to place your dip bowl down on your unicorn platter first and then add your fruit around it.
Make sure things aren’t cut too huge. I topped my dip with pastel star sprinkles I found in my local baking aisle.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Unicorn Fruit Dip
This swirled unicorn fruit dip is sure to be a hit at any magical party! Serve on a rainbow fruit platter as an easy centerpiece!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBS sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup pink lemonade
- Food coloring
Whip cream and granulated sugar until medium thickness. Set aside.
Whip softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in juice.
Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until incorporated.
Fold the rest of the whipped cream in.
Divide into 5 bowls.
Add 5-10 drops of coloring to each bowl. Gently stir in the coloring.
Add the dips to sides of a gallon sized zip top bag, (or a piping bag) keeping separate as much as possible.
Cut a .5-1 inch sized hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe into a small cup for the dip and serve with rainbow fruits and treats.
This Unicorn Dip and Rainbow Fruit Platter is so simple but also impressive- basically what I go for at all time when it comes to fun food to serve!
Okay, so tell me – would your kids love this? Do you have a unicorn fan in your house? Did you like Lisa Frank as a kid? Let me know in the comments!