One bowl brownies the perfect recipe. Dense and fudgy, dotted with half melted chips, crispy, crackly top, and decadent enough that you’re actually satisfied after one. Using simple ingredients, make the perfect fudgy brownie without a ton of dishes. Ditch the boxed brownie mix and learn just how easy it is to make homemade brownies from scratch.
Long ago, I lost a lot of weight by eating healthier and stopping snacking, but I quickly got lost in a dangerous trap of cheat days and lusting after junk food, but not allowing myself to eat it. It was a sad time.
Long story short, I had a kid, then I had another, realized that staying crazy skinny wasn’t good for me emotionally and now I eat brownies on Wednesdays.
The BEST One Bowl Brownie Recipe. Ever. No, Seriously.
For about a year I went on a hunt for the.best.brownie. You see, I grew up on boxed mix, guys. Duncan Hines was my jam and I love that crispy, crackly top that happens when you let them sit a bit and the super fudginess.
You know what’s the worst? Really, really wanting brownies and then realizing you have kids and zero desire to strap them in the car and buy brownie mix because you’re took lazy to figure out how to make them yourself.
See: Morgan searching for the best brownie ever.
Tips for perfect brownies
Thankfully I found it a lot of it relies on the technique! Here are my best brownie tips:
- Line the pan. I don’t care how nonstick or magical your pan is. Line it. Save yourself a headache AND you get the lift the brownies out so you don’t make a massacre trying to cut and remove that first brownie.
- Underbake. The toothpick test that works so well with cakes? NO. You want the center of your brownies to be barely set. THIS is how you get those amazingly fudgy brownies, guys. Trust me.
- Go for the good stuff. Yes, it’s tempting to buy the cheapest chocolate chips and cocoa powder. But trust me on this.
- Use the coffee. It might not sound like it would make a difference, but that tiny bit of espresso powder? Kills these brownies. I wrote them as optional because I’ve made them both ways and don’t want to scare people off, but the espresso powder takes it next level.
One Bowl Brownies – Perfect Fudgy Brownies
These brownies are what your dreams are made of. One bowl and fudgy goodness!
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to vote 5 stars! It helps others find it, and makes my day!
One Bowl Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 canola oil
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon instant espresso
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
Preheat oven to 350. Microwave butter to totally melt in a large microwave safe bowl.
Add chocolate chips to the hot butter and stir before setting aside for 3 minute. Whisk until the rest of the chips melt or mostly melt.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the flour and whisk until smooth.
Gently stir in the flour until combined, being sure not to over mix.
Spread evenly into a lines 8×8 pan. Top with more chips if desired.
Bake for 30 minutes.
The brownies will NOT be cooked all the way through. Allow them to sit and cool at least 10 minutes. They will continue to cook a bit and firm up.
Do NOT overcook brownies. They will become dry. Still delicious, but not as delicious as fudgy goodness.