Have any of you ever looked at your goals from the month before and gotten a real reality check? That happened this month. To be honest, I really should have taken a look at the events I had this month and gotten more realistic about what I could accomplish, but my goals definitely brought to my attention my habit of putting too much pressure on myself. Being a mom has taught me that sometimes it’s okay to not do it all, but I need to let this acceptance flow into other parts of my life, like goal setting. Anyway, let’s take a look at May’s goals, how I did, and June’s goals.
1. Get through Ryan’s birthday with minimal crying. I did good here. I’m happy to say I shed one tear and got over it. It was a bittersweet day, for sure, but I chose to enjoy it, not wallow in it.
2. Finish the first 4 weeks of Couch to 5k without any pain. Ugggghh. My knee started twinging 3 weeks in and I backed off. I’m not giving up, but I’m playing it smarter this time around. It’s more important to me to get better than it is to finish in a set time period, and I’m okay with that.
3. Get the backyard into party shape. Pretty good! It’s honestly going to take a few years to get it into shape since the people before us annihilated it, but we put some good hours into it and it’s in a good place for this summer.
4. Get my meals back on the right track. Ehh. Not great. There were some bagels and meals out that I could have done better with. BUT like I said, I really should have looked ahead to what was coming – Memorial Day and Ryan’s birthday didn’t help.
5. Work out 5 times a week. No exceptions. I averaged 4 workouts a week, so not horrible, but not what I set out to do.
6. Get at least 2 months DONE in Ryan’s baby book. Nope. Just nope. I got a few PAGES done….
7. Pack up all winter clothes. To be totally honest, I kind of forgot about this one. So that tells you how this one went.
8. Try out oil pulling. SUCCESS. I’m hooked, stay tuned for a recap of how my oil pulling experience has been. Spoiler alert: awesome.
So not great, not bad though. But enough focusing on things I can’t change, on to the new month!
1. 4 workouts a week. Pretty self explanatory, but I want to keep going with at least 4 workouts a week. Obviously it’s doable, so here’s to keeping up the momentum.
2. Eat better. I have a bunch of ‘events’ this month (anniversary, father’s day, MIL birthday, dad’s birthday) so I know some indulgent days are coming, but I want to keep in mind my goal of eating well.
3. Get a week ahead in posts. Knowing I have some posts ready to go is very comforting to me. It takes the stress out of blogging and allows it to be fun for me, like it should be. Some posts are time sensitive and I need to write them the day before, like WIAW or Friday Favorites, but my other posts can definitely be prepared ahead.
4. About those winter clothes.. yeah. It’s June…
5. Read 2 books. I’ve fallen behind on reading. I used to read 6-10 books a month, if not more, and reading is a huge relaxer for me. So I want to get back to it!
6. Make a weekly/monthly cleaning schedule. Even though I have a tiny house, my husband is a horrible neat freak (though he never cleans…) so even tiny dirty spots drive him crazy. I really want to make a schedule for maintenance and deep cleaning so that I can take the stress and rush out of it.
7. Make a doctor and a dentist appointment. I have zero refills on my prescriptions for my asthma, so I really need to get on that, and I reaaally need a cleaning.
So nothing major, all pretty doable. I’m not putting pressure on myself to get it all done, but I think I can!
Linking up with Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud!
What are your June goals? How did your May goals go? Let me know in the comments!