No candy school valentine ideas are a fun way for your kids to give holiday cards at school without all of the sugar or allergy concerns. All of these are easy, DIY school Valentine’s that any kid would love to give OR receive and have free printables to get you going. Don’t spend money on those cheesy character cards – make your own homemade versions for school this year!
When I was in school, I loved Valentine’s Day. I loved having the chance to decorate my mailbox, write my classmates names on all of my themed school cards. And, of course, make sure I gave all of my best friends the ‘cool’ ones. Now that Ryan is in school, I’m so excited to help him send his own to his friends!
I love looking for no candy school Valentine ideas to send Ryan to school with. I’m okay with the occasional treat, but I don’t think it has to be a go to. I also wanted to keep food allergies in mind for the kids in his class.
Thankfully, there’s a lot of options out there. These homemade versions are simple ways to up your Valentine’s Day game. Send your kid to school with something parents aren’t going to want to trash immediately. They also are definitely the kind of treats people will remember for months to come.
Basically, simple ways to become “cool mom” without all of the work. You are so very welcome.
Why go with non candy Valentine ideas this year?
- Less candy, obviously. Not only for your kid and the rest of the class, but in your house. Can you honestly say that you open that bag of mini candies and not eat a few?
- Allergies. We all know that school allergies are a big deal right now. I always think about the kid that has to sit out of school holiday fun because of his allergy. By offering
allergy friendlyschool Valentines, you’re opening it up a bit more of everyone.
- To be honest, you’ll look like that ‘cool mom’ except these really won’t take a ton of time. A little bit of elbow grease and creativity and you’ll definitely be the one who is remembered! Wrangle the kids into helping and you also get the bonus of entertaining them for an afternoon.
40+ Non Candy School Valentine Ideas
- Biggest Fan Valentines (pictured) Show me a kid who wouldn’t find these giant foam fingers fun!
- You’re the Star of my Show (pictured) My kids adore fun sunglasses and I love the idea of these! I bet they’re super cheap on Amazon, too.
- You Color My World Free Printable (pictured). If you’re like me, you have more crayons than you know what to do with. What a fun way to get them out of your house!
- Melted Crayon Fishy Or even better – melt them down and turn them into something new!
- DIY Poppers These are so stinking fun. You could totally use the method for just about any holiday, too.
- I Spy My Valentine. I imagine hours of fun with those little magnifying glasses. My boys love that kind of thing.
- High Five So, these hand clappers are a little obnoxious, but whatever. Still cute!
- You Make My Heart Pop Printable – What kid doesn’t love popcorn? So cute.
- DIY Seed Paper Valentines. These little seed paper hearts open up for a whole season of fun and entertainment!
- Race Car Cards Totally doing this for my oldest this year – he
is totally race car obsessed!
- “Crazy for you” Owl themed Crazy Straw – Is there a kid alive that doesn’t love crazy straws? Such a fun idea.
- You are ‘Bubbles of Fun” Bubbles are always a hit, super cheap, and something parents can’t really have enough of.
- Let It Glow. I always grab a big pack of glow sticks every Halloween – what a smart way to get rid of them!
- Dinosaur Free Printable Cards. I have major heart eyes over these and I am totally sending Owen to school with them this year!
- Hogs & Kisses Valentine Turn a simple applesauce cup into the cutest little snack ever!
- Free Word Search Printable (pictured) Perfect for kids a little older! I love the idea of adding a crayon, too.
- I Like the Way You Roll (pictured) Another race car one, this would be a smart way to use up loved and lost Matchbox cars.
- You a-MAZE Me! (Pictured) I’ve definitely seen these at Target year after year – a fun, easy way to use them!
- Easy Handmade Arrows Cupid has nothing on these cute and simple options!
- Airplane With Free Printable My brother loved these growing up and I totally forgot about them!
- Tic Tac Toe Printable – This tic tac toe one is not only fun, but it’s storable a reusable
- Popper Printable – Another simple way to use a super cheap toy you can buy in bulk online.
Tips for Homemade School Valentines
- Ask your kiddo’s teachers before committing to any of these. Some schools have very strict rules about what you can/can’t bring to school.
- Don’t send your kids to school with something that you would hate if they came home with. So super noisy/messy/obnoxious things. Do unto others and all that.
- Really and truly think about the other kids in the class, especially if you know that kids have allergies. For example, those Play-Doh school Valentine ideas are super cute! But, if a kid has a wheat allergy, that would be a huge bummer.
- Don’t over commit/get in over
youhead. If you’re like me, you’ll plan to make 5 of these because, why not. Then it’s the night before the school party, it’s 3 am and you’re gluing on eyes and attaching little notes. Check out the instructions, ingredients, etc before committing!
- Love Bug Fruit Cups Kids think it’s a fun treat, parent’s are just happy it’s not candy!
- Seed Packet Valentines. Just like my seed paper Valentines, I love that this one keeps on giving!
- Heart Arrow Pencil. Useful AND adorable!
- Printable Bookmarks. Encourage kiddos to open more books with these super cute holiday bookmarks – just print and go!
- DIY Minecraft Sweeper. Admittedly, I have no idea what the whole Minecraft thing is, but I know some kids adore it! This would be a fun alternative to cheesy Character cards.
- Kid Friendly Animal Valentines. I love that these are spray painted to make them look even more fun!
- DIY Bath Bomb – Help mom
getkiddos into the bath without the struggle – who doesn’t love a bath bomb?!
- Sprinkles With Love Confetti. Someone might not be happy about all of the confetti, but goodness, this is so stinking cute.
- Can’t Erase Your Love. Kids love new school stuff. I love the idea of helping them stock back up with these cards.
- Butterfly Hair Clips – I know so many little girls would find this to be the perfect Valentine!
- Pencil Sharpener Printable Paired with a themed pencil and this is the perfect school option.
- You Are Dino-Mite Printable Dinosaurs are always a win with boys AND girls – can’t go wrong here!
- You’ve Made the Marker – Or skip the crayons and choose markers instead!
Okay, so tell me – do any of these school Valentine ideas peak your interest? Did you like Valentine’s parties when you were little? Let me know in the comments!
You may also like..
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.