Non candy school valentine ideas are a fun way for your kids to give Valentine cards at school without all of the sugar or allergy concerns. All of these are easy, DIY school Valentine’s that any kid would love to give OR receive and have free printables to get you going. Don’t spend money on those cheesy character Valentine cards – make your own homemade school valentines this year!
When I was in school, I loved Valentine’s Day. I loved having the chance to decorate my mailbox, write my classmates names on all of my themed school Valentine cards, and, of course, make sure I gave all of my best friends the ‘cool’ ones. Now that Ryan is in school, I’m so excited to help him send his own to his friends!
As soon as the holidays passed,I started looking for some non candy school valentine ideas to send Ryan to school with. Because we’re not huge fans of candy for kids in our house other than the occasional treat, I really searched for non candy school Valentine ideas. I also wanted to keep food allergies in mind for the kids in his class.
I was so pleased when I quickly found a ton of really great options that I thought you all would love just as much as I have. These non candy school Valentine ideas are simple ways to up your Valentine’s Day game, send your kid to school with something parents aren’t going to want to trash immediately, and are definitely the kind of Valentine’s people will remember for months to come. Basically, simple ways to become “cool mom” without all of the work. You are so very welcome.
Why go with non candy Valentine ideas this year?
- Less candy, obviously. Not only for your kid and the rest of the class, but in your house. Because if you tell me that you open that bag of fun size candies to tape to Valentine’s and don’t eat a few, you’re lying to yourself.
- Allergies. We all know that school allergies are a big deal right now, and I always think about the kid that has to sit out of school holiday fun because he has to worry about his allergy. By offering non candy Valentine ideas, you’re opening it up a bit more of everyone. Yes, there will always be cases of kids who still can’t enjoy the Valentine for whatever reason, but it’s a step in the right direction.
- To be honest, you’ll look like that ‘cool mom’ except these really won’t take a ton of time. A little bit of elbow grease and creativity (wrangle the kids into helping and you also get the bonus of entertaining them for an afternoon.) and you’ll definitely be the one who is remembered!
40+ Non Candy School Valentine Ideas
You’re the Star of my Show Valentine (pictured)
Tips for Non Candy School Valentine Ideas
- Ask your kiddo’s teachers before committing to any of these. Some schools have very strict rules about what you can/can’t bring to school.
- Don’t send your kids to school with something that you would hate if your kid came home with. So super noisy/messy/obnoxious things. Do onto others and all that.
- Really and truly think about the other kids in the class, especially if you know that kids have allergies. For example, those Play Doh school Valentine ideas are super cute, but if a kid has a wheat allergy, that would be a huge bummer.
- Don’t over commit/get in over you head. If you’re like me, you’ll plan to make 5 of these because, why not, and then it will be the night before the school Valentine’s Day party and it’s 3 am and you’re gluing on eyes and attaching little notes. Check out the instructions, ingredients, etc before committing!
Okay, so tell me – do any of these school Valentine ideas peak your interest? Did you like Valentine’s parties when you were little? Let me know in the comments!
You may also like..
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.