How to fold a dirty diaper can be a very useful skill most parents learn, eventually. Especially helpful when you’re out and about with no diaper pail in sight! While easy, there are a few ways to make it easier and with less mess! Keep reading to learn.
How to Fold a Dirty Diaper
- Remove the dirty diaper, set aside, and change baby. Here’s how to change a baby boy and a baby girl’s diaper.
- Once your baby is changed and in a safe spot, grab the dirty diaper carefully.
- If there is a mess to the top back of the diaper from a diaper explosion gently fold down the top edge a bit. This is mostly if you need to travel with the diaper or can’t toss it immediately.
- Begin to roll the front top edge into the diaper. With a full diaper, I find you usually get the diaper into thirds more or less.
- Once the diaper is folded up, pull the straps with the velcro tab across the diaper and attach it, one side at a time.
- That’s it! You’ve got a nice little folded up diaper, ready for the trash. If you can’t toss it right away, put the dirty diaper into a baggie in your diaper bag or a reusable wet bag like this (affiliate).
More diaper changing posts for new parents!
How to Avoid Getting Peed on by a Baby Boy
DIY Car Diaper Changing Station
Leave a Reply