How to fold a dirty diaper can be a very useful skill most parents learn, eventually. Especially helpful when you’re out and about with no diaper pail in sight! While easy, there are a few ways to make it easier and with less mess! Keep reading to learn.
How to Fold a Dirty Diaper
- Remove the dirty diaper, set aside, and change baby. Here’s how to change a baby boy and a baby girl’s diaper.
- Once your baby is changed and in a safe spot, grab the dirty diaper carefully.
- If there is a mess to the top back of the diaper from a diaper explosion gently fold down the top edge a bit. This is mostly if you need to travel with the diaper or can’t toss it immediately.
- Begin to roll the front top edge into the diaper. With a full diaper, I find you usually get the diaper into thirds more or less.
- Once the diaper is folded up, pull the straps with the velcro tab across the diaper and attach it, one side at a time.
- That’s it! You’ve got a nice little folded up diaper, ready for the trash. If you can’t toss it right away, put the dirty diaper into a baggie in your diaper bag or a reusable wet bag like this (affiliate).
More diaper changing posts for new parents!
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.