Making strawberry hearts is both simple and fun! Get your kids excited to eat fruit with this easy Valentine’s Day hack into a heart shaped food.
And then I had 2 more kids and I got exhausted.
That being said, there are still a few ways I love to make my kids food a bit more exciting. One of those ways is to cut strawberries into hearts.
How to cut strawberries into hearts:
Seriously, it doesn’t get much easier that this and takes just a few moments. Here’s how you do it.
- Take a large strawberry and cut a v shape into the top, removing the stem and leaves. If cutting a long, flat strawberry, cut the V into the more side end (So your cut would be lengthwise.)
- Remove v, and clean up the edges to make the tops more rounded as desired.
- For round strawberry hearts, slice the berry in half lengthwise and you’re done.
- If you would like thin strawberry hearts, slice your strawberry about 1/4 inch thick.
How to use strawberry hearts
- Cut in half and insert a small stick or toothpick into the bottom. Dip into melted chocolate for a sweet, chocolate-covered heart!
- Use thin slices in the side of your glass as decoration, like in this Christmas Smoothie and Valentine’s Day Smoothie.
- Use to make a festive fruit salad.
- Top your favorite pancakes for a love-ly breakfast.
- Add to your kiddos lunch boxes to add some love to a boring lunch.
- Serve alongside a Valentine’s Day breakfast or this heart egg in a hole.
How to cut Strawberry Hearts
Making heart shaped strawberries is super simple and doesn't require any kind of junk to make a fun treat!
- 1 Strawberry
Take your strawberry and cut a v shape into the top, removing any stem.
Remove v, and clean up the edges to make them more rounded as desired.
For round strawberry hearts, slice the berry in half down the center.
For thin strawberry hearts, slice your strawberry about 1/4 inch thick.