Easy carrot muffins take just minutes to throw together and are kid approved, veggie packed snack. No shredding in this simple veggie muffin recipe packed with whole grains, and protein! Turn them into light carrot cupcakes by adding a sugar free frosting and you’ve got a fun, light dessert too.
“But I don’t like carrots.”
My 4 year old “haaaaateess” carrots.
I have no idea why. He’s loved them since he was a baby and then poof! Out of no where he can’t stand the sight. It’s why I’ve made and found so many different carrot recipes for kids!
Thankfully, he loves muffins. And by “he loves muffins,” I mean, if I put a muffin in front of him, he will eat as many as I’ll allow him.
Related Post: Sweet Potato Muffins
I recently had a bag of carrots in the fridge and a need to heat the house up.
Problem was, I did not want to shred a billion carrots.
So instead, I decided I would try just tossing them into the food processor and see what happens.
MAGIC happens, people. Magic.
Tips for making easy carrot muffins
- Chop your peeled carrots into 2-3 inch chunks (I broke them by hand) and then pulse 10-15 times. Scrape the sides and repeat until the carrot is fine enough.
- If you have it, the grater attachment on the food processor would work even better.
- You can also grate an equal amount of carrot. Bagged shredded carrot would work as well, but you’ll want to chop it a bit to make sure no chunks are huge.
- A 5 oz container of yogurt equates to about 2/3 cup.
- Any oil will work. I like olive because I always have it but canola, melted coconut, avocado.. all would be fine.
Easy Carrot Muffins
These muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast for kids on the go, or as a better for you after school snack. Get the kids involved and have them help make these hidden veggie snacks.
If you love this recipe, please rate it 5 stars! It helps others find it and share the hidden veggie love!
Easy Carrot Muffins
Get a tricky vegetable into your picky eater with these easy carrot muffins. The whole family will love these sweet, moist, veggie packed muffins
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1-5 oz container of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with liners before spraying with nonstick spray.
Combine the carrots and the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients before folding into the wet ingredients.
Scoop into the muffin liners and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make scooping the muffins easier, use a spring loaded ice cream scoop!
- 2 cups was about 4 medium-large carrots for me.
- Instead of grating, break carrots into large chunks and pulse in a food processor (or use the grating attachment) until fine.
- Another option is buying bagged grated carrots.
Okay, so tell me – what vegetable do your kids hate? Is there a sure fire thing you have that you KNOW your kids will love? Let me know in the comments.
Love this veggie muffin recipe? Try these!
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.