This Halloween pasta recipe is spooky, fun, and the perfect Halloween dinner. An easy meal to serve before going trick or treating, you can whip it up in just a few minutes. Kids will love eating the spooky Halloween spaghetti and mozzarella eyeballs while you’ll love knowing that they’re getting in a good meal before inhaling all of that candy!
There are people in this world who will tell you that you can’t enjoy the splendors of Halloween until it cools down and/or it hits October first.
I say I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life. (Even if that negativity is my own husband. He lets me do my crazy Halloween thing, but not without plenty of grumbles and eye rolls. Ahh, marital compromises.)
While you can enjoy this spooky Halloween spaghetti any time of year, I definitely suggest it as the weather gets cooler and the ghouls come out.
That being said, this Halloween Pasta recipe is perfect for a super spooky dinner the night of trick or treating. Not only does it look fun, but it will pack your kiddos full of real food and even, if you’re lucky, some veggies!
How to make this eyeball Halloween Spaghetti recipe:
- Grab your favorite pesto. I like my veggie pesto sauce but whatever will work here.
- Toss pasta with whatever pesto you choose.
- Top with mozzarella balls with sliced black olives to make spooky eyes.
- Coating the pasta in the gooey, green sauce makes it look spooky and monster like. If you want to make the pasta extra green, add a few drops of green food dye to the pasta, just like how I did with my Christmas Tree Pasta.
Not a fan of pesto? Use normal red sauce (try my hidden veggie pasta sauce!) instead for a spooky bloody meal.
Try a mix of meatballs and mozzarella balls for extra protein. We love hidden veggie meatballs.
My favorite part about this Halloween Pasta recipe with spooky mozzarella eyeballs is that you’ll get the chance to get some good, wholesome food into your kiddos before they go out trick or treating and start inhaling all things sugar and chocolate.
Tips for making eyeballs for this Halloween Pasta Recipe
There’s a bunch of fun ways to make edible eyeballs, but here are some of my favorites.
- Add sliced olives to fresh mozzarella balls.
- Cut slice mozzarella with a small circle cutter and top with sliced black olives.
- Stuff large olives with cheese (fresh mozzarella or cream cheese work well, but this pesto would also work well!) and sit side by side to make eyes.
- Slice a cheese stick into circles and use a straw tip to cut small circles from a black olive.
Enjoy while listening to our favorite Halloween songs for kids!
Pesto Halloween Pasta Recipe
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to vote 5 stars! It helps others find it, and makes my day!
Pesto Eyeball Halloween Pasta Recipe
This Halloween pasta recipe is spooky, fun, and the perfect Halloween dinner. An easy dinner to serve before going trick or treating, you can whip it up in just a few minutes.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cup creamy pesto most if needed
- black olives sliced
- fresh mozzarella balls
Boil spaghetti using instruction on the box.
Drain and toss pasta with olive oil to avoid sticking.
Mix pasta with pesto.
Serve with mozzarella balls topped with sliced black olives.
Love Halloween as much as I do?
Check out my favorite Halloween posts!