Funny songs for kids are a great way to help kids get some wiggles and giggles out! Blast some of these silly songs and it’s sure to turn around the day. Just like with my happy songs for kids and kids dance songs posts, I’ve compiled a list of funny kids songs you won’t absolutely hate listening to. Enjoy!!
Pssst – looking for some gross out humor? These songs about poop and farts are sure to make your kids laugh like crazy!
The Best Funny Songs for Kids to Sing and Dance to
- Milkshake – Koo Koo Kangaroo. My oldest came home from preschool one day mumbling this song and it took me a while to figure out what it was, but NOW this is a family favorite. It’s got a dance that goes with it too, which makes it get for getting out the sillies.
- The Elements – Tom Lehrer. A fun, high-speed song kids can blurt out, if they learn all the words they’ll also know the perdiodic table of elements!
- Monster Mash – Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Crypt Kickers. Normally a Halloween song, this is a great song to do funny voices to and test out funky dance moves.
- Great Green Gobs. We sand this on every road trip I can remember as a kid, but something about singing a song about “greasy, grimy, gopher guts” makes every kiddo giggle.
- On Top of Spaghetti. My boys think the idea of a meatball rolling out the door is hilarious. It’s an especially fun song to sing on spaghetti dinner night! (psst – try out our hidden veggie meatballs and veggie packed sauce!)
- Giant Purple People Eater. We watched this ’80s movie when I was around 6 or 7 after my parents singing us the song countless times. While the movie(s) are forgettable, the songs is a total earworm kids love.
- Ripped My Pants – Spongebob. The classic cartoon still makes me, a grown adult chuckle, and my kids follow suit!
- Pickle Song – Jim Cosgrove. With a funky, folky sound, this is another favorite funny song for kids at our house. If you’ve got pickle lovers in our family, they’ll giggle all day at this one.
- The Bones in Your Body – Storybots. Truth be told, I taught myself the bone song when I was in high school anatomy because I was sure to fail otherwise (also see the US State song!) but it’s also a fun one for kids to learn. We like the Storybots version because it’s a bit easier.
- Boom Chicka Boom. My boys adore Jack Hartman thanks to my oldest’s kindergarten teacher, and this is a super fun one for a brain break.
- Yakety Yak – The Coasters. This old school song from 1959 is just plain fun to sing, and give kids an excuse to tell you not to talk back, which my boys adore.
- Down by the Bay. My kids think this is such a funny song for kids just because of all of the hilarious “stories” in it. The repetition is also easy to pick up on or littles.
- F.U.N Song – Spongebob. Okay, if you were a Spongebob fan growing up, chances are you remember this silly song about friends that Plankton tries to turn into something evil mastermind-y.
- Going on a Lion Hunt. This is another funny song for kids, and it’s also a great way to waste some time. Kids love recreating all of the obstacles they hit on their “lion hunt” and then laughing hysterically as they “run” from the lion.
- Bing Bong Zoo – Peppa Pig. If you’re well aquainted with the little pink pig, you’ve probably heard this song, but if not, it’s a fun one to play littles. Though, fair warning, it’s definitely super annoying.
- Hot Potato. Most everyone knows this game for kids, but the song is just as fun to listen to. The Wiggles version seems to be the most popular.
- YMCA. IF you don’t know this song, I don’t think we can be friends. This classic is fun for everyone, but it seems to be an especially funny song for kids when you show them the coinciding music video.
- Goofy Goober. Yes, another. I call the boys Goofy Goobers and sing them the song and now it’s a fun song we all sing as a family.
- Skidamarink. This is one of those songs I listened to as a kid. It’s sweet and fun to sing, but the silly made-up words makes it a favorite funny song for kids.
- Freeze Dance. A friend recommended this one and it’s become a quick favorite. This funny song is also great for wearing out kids and getting the wiggles out.
- Get the Sillies Out. We love watching reruns of the kid’s music show Yo Gabba Gabba and this is one of my favorite songs from them! It’s nice to see the “sillies” actually coming out as they shake.
- Ripped my pants – Spongebob. Okay, the last Spongebob song, I swear. But how much funnier can you get than a song about bending over and ripping your pants??!
Okay, so tell me – what are you favorite funny songs for kids to dance to? Let me know in the comments!
More Kids Songs Playlists:
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.