These easy turkey donuts are the perfect Thanksgiving treat for kids without the time and headache! Using store-bought ingredients, these simple Thanksgiving desserts are fun for everyone.
When I started thinking about Thanksgiving, I was trying to think of some easy ways to bring some festive fun to meals. I love the idea of spending time making adorable things.
But I have 3 kids under 7 so it never happens. Whenever I try to get much of anything done Ryan pulls up a chair to ‘help’ and Owen inevitably argues with him and wakes Ella from a nap. It. Never. Fails.
With this in mind, I tru to come up with quick DIYs using pre-made items. Bonus if they don’t require any use of your stove, microwave, or oven. I think I hit the jackpot with these easy turkey donuts!
To make these Turkey Donuts, you’ll need…
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pre-made chocolate covered donuts
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate frosting
- Red piping frosting
- Hershey kisses
- Candy corn
These would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving brunch table, a great contribution to your kids’ class party, or just a fun little festive dessert in their lunch box.
How to Make Turkey Donuts
- Grab your mini donut and one gold wrapped candy. I used a Hershey Kiss with almonds. Add a good dollop of chocolate frosting to the back of the kiss and press to the center.
- Add your eyes on, using more frosting as glue.
- Starting at the top center of your ‘beak’, pipe a red line to mimic the turkey’s snood. I found that wetting my finger and pressing the end a bit made it more round.
- Finally, press 5 candy corn to the top of the donut. Place the center candy first, centered between the eyes with 2 on either side.
- Set aside and allow to dry a bit!
Easy Turkey Donuts Recipe
These turkey donuts are so cute and simple – whether you’re having the kids help make them or looking ofr an easy Thanksgi
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to vote 5 stars! It helps others find it, and makes my day!
Easy Turkey Donuts
- 1 chocolate frosted donut
- 5 candy corn
- 1 gold wrapped kiss
- chocolate frosting
- Red rube frosting
- 2 Candy Eyes
Take mini donut and gold wrapped candy. Add frosting to the back of the candy and press to the center.
Add the eyes, using more frosting as glue.
Starting at the top center of your ‘beak’, pipe a red line to mimic the turkey’s snood. I found that wetting my finger and pressing the end a bit made it more round.
Press 5 candy corn to the top of the donut. Place the center candy first, centered between the eyes with 2 on either side.
Set aside and allow to dry!
So tell me – did you play with food as a kid? Do those bento boxes enamor you? Let me know in the comments!
If you make these easy Turkey Donuts, take a picture, post it on social media and tag me in it @morganmanages! I would love to see your spin on these!