Country music is perfect for little ears – a solid beat, fun lyrics, and kid-friendly themes! These country songs for kids will be your family’s new favorites. A far cry from the inappropriate songs you hear on the top 100, this music is a safe bet when you’re looking for something to play in the car throughout the day. This mix of upbeat country songs is packed with clean songs for school or just to listen to at home.
There was a time when I was a kid and if you asked me what music I liked I would say, “Everything except country and polka.”
So, I was a snarky tween/teen, but eventually, I fell in love with country music when I was in college. A co-worker put on a country hits station. She then proceeded to show me some of the incredibly attractive country singers that are around these days.
I was sold.
I’m still not sure about polka music.
Now as an adult with kids of my own, I’m so grateful for country music.
The most kid-friendly music
Okay, hear me out: in general, country music is the most kid-friendly genre.
Don’t believe me? Listen to the top 10 on the hot 100 and then the top 10 on the country charts and come talk to me.
Sure, country hits might occasionally talk about hitting the bars or drinking some tequila or a few too many beers. But you’ll rarely hear a country song disrespect women or drop an unreasonable amount of f-bombs.
More importantly, there aren’t many lines that would embarrass you if your kids yell-sang them in the middle of the grocery store.
So, I love country music. My kids love country music. I’m a Jersey girl daydreaming of big trucks and warm days and wrap around porches.
That being said, not all country songs for kids are made equal. Take, Thomas Rhett’s T-Shirt. Or, Old Dominion’s Hotel Key.
Yes, crazy, crazy catchy. And no, not so foul that you’ll need earmuffs if it pops on Pandora. But, still, I’d rather my kids didn’t go to school and say, “we were smoking a little from a half an ounce” on the playground.
If you’re looking from some solid clean songs for kids, this country music playlist has you covered.
Here are all of my favorite kid-friendly country songs your little cowboys and cowgirls will love bopping around to. Boots not required!
Country Music for Kids – the best kids country music playlist
- Meant to Be – BeBe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line
- Rich (radio edit) – Maren Morris
- Top Down – Brown & Gray
- Simple – Florida Georgia Line
- Singles You Up – Jordan Davis
- Queens Don’t – Raelynn
- Burning Man – Dierks Bentley
- I Was Jack – Jake Owen
- Most People Are Good – Luke Brian
- Good Girl – Dustin Lynch
- Take Back Home Girl – Chris Lane
- Make It Sweet – Old Dominion
- Cry Pretty – Carrie Underwood
- Get Along – Kenny Chesney
- Blue Tacoma – Russell Dickerson
- No Such Thing as a Broken Heart – Old Dominion**
- All Your Life – The Band Perry
- Raised On it – Sam Hunt
- Mama’s Broken Heart – Miranda Lambert
- A Woman Like You – Lee Brice
- Fast – Luke Bryan
- Wanna Be That Song – Brett Eldredge
- All-American Girl – Carrie Underwood
- Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw**
- Crazier – Taylor Swift
- Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not? – Thompson Square
- Kick the Dust Up – Luke Bryan *
- Chainsaw – The Band Perry
- Dibs – Kelsea Ballerini
- Knee Deep – Zac Brown Band
- Honey Bee – Blake Shelton*
- Buy Me a Boat – Chris Janson*
- Homegrown – Zac Brown Band*
Notes about this playlist:
- As always, check the songs before you play them. The songs with asterisks (*) indicate a song that typically has a mention of alcohol – nothing insane, but if you’re not a fan of that at all, skip those.
- The Old Dominion song No Such Thing as a Broken Heart has a curse word in it so grab the radio edit, but it’s my favorite song for my kids to listen to and take to heart. With lyrics like, “When the whole world is down on its luck/I gotta make sure they keep that chin up,” and “Cry when it hurts, laugh when it’s funny/Chase after the dream, don’t chase after the money,” it’s a song I want my kids to live their lives by.
- I should also note – I did not grow up on country, so this playlist isn’t packed with classic country songs for kids. Want to know every song Queen ever sang or all of the words to Back in Black? I’m your girl.
Okay, so tell me – what’s your favorite genre of music to listen to with your kids? Let me know in the comments!
If you enjoyed these country songs for kids, you’ll love these..
Upbeat Songs for Kids You Will Love
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.