These country songs for kids will be your family’s new favorites. Country music is perfect for little ears – a solid beat, fun lyrics, and kid-friendly themes! This mix of upbeat country songs is packed with clean songs for school or just to listen to at home.
When I was a kid and if you asked me what music I liked I would say, “Everything except country and polka.”
Now as an adult with kids of my own, I’m so grateful for country music.
Country songs for kids is the MOST kid-friendly music.
Okay, hear me out: in general, country music is the most kid-friendly genre.
Don’t believe me? Listen to the top 10 on the hot 100 and then the top 10 on the country charts and come talk to me.
Sure, country hits might occasionally talk about hitting the bars or drinking some tequila or a few too many beers. But you’ll rarely hear a country song disrespect women or drop an unreasonable amount of f-bombs.
More importantly, there aren’t many lines that would embarrass you if your kids yell-sang them in the middle of the grocery store.
So, I love country music. My kids love country music. I’m a Jersey girl daydreaming of big trucks and warm days and wrap around porches.
Looking for clean country songs..
That being said, not all country songs for kids are made equal. Take, Thomas Rhett’s T-Shirt. Or, Old Dominion’s Hotel Key.
Yes, crazy, crazy catchy. And no, not so foul that you’ll need earmuffs if it pops on Pandora. But, still, I’d rather my kids didn’t go to school and say, “we were smoking a little from a half an ounce” on the playground.
So I looked and foud all of my favorite kid-friendly country songs your little cowboys and cowgirls will love bopping around to. Boots not required!
Want to make some playlists?
We LOVE Amazon Music Unlimited – it lets me make playlists easily on my computer or phone and play anywhere. It also syncs with Alexa, so your kids can play their favorite playlists whenever they want.
Try Amazon Music Unlimited for FREE with a 30 day Trial
Country Music for Kids – the best kids country music playlist
I try to update this playlist at least once a year to add in more options for your playlist from the previous year. This post was last updated May 2021.
- I Called Mama – Tim McGraw
- Hard to Forget – Sam Hunt*
- Almost Maybes – Jordan Davis
- Happy Does – Kenny Chesney
- Long Live – Florida Georgia Line
- Next Girl – Carly Pearce
- Be a Light.- Thomas Rhett
- Monsters – Eric Church
- I Called Mama – Tim McGraw
- Here and Now – Kenny Chesney
- One Big Country Song – LoCash
- More Than My Hometown – Morgan Wallen
- It Won’t Always Be Like This – Carly Pierce
- The Difference – Tyler Rich
- Love Ain’t – Eli Young Band
- Good as You – Kane Brown
- Burning Man – Dierks Bentley (Feat. Brothers Osborne)
- Meant to Be – BeBe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line
- Rich (radio edit) – Maren Morris
- Top Down – Brown & Gray
- Simple – Florida Georgia Line
- Singles You Up – Jordan Davis
- Queens Don’t – Raelynn
- I Was Jack – Jake Owen
- Most People Are Good – Luke Brian
- Good Girl – Dustin Lynch
- Take Back Home Girl – Chris Lane
- Make It Sweet – Old Dominion
- Cry Pretty – Carrie Underwood
- Get Along – Kenny Chesney
- Blue Tacoma – Russell Dickerson
- No Such Thing as a Broken Heart – Old Dominion**
- All Your Life – The Band Perry
- Raised On it – Sam Hunt
- Mama’s Broken Heart – Miranda Lambert
- A Woman Like You – Lee Brice
- Wanna Be That Song – Brett Eldredge
- All-American Girl – Carrie Underwood
- Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw**
- Crazier – Taylor Swift
- Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not? – Thompson Square
- Kick the Dust Up – Luke Bryan *
- Chainsaw – The Band Perry
- Dibs – Kelsea Ballerini
- Knee Deep – Zac Brown Band
- Honey Bee – Blake Shelton*
- Buy Me a Boat – Chris Janson*
- Homegrown – Zac Brown Band*
Notes about this playlist:
- As always, check the songs before you play them. The songs with asterisks (*) indicate a song that typically has a mention of alcohol – nothing insane, but if you’re not a fan of that at all, skip those.
- The Old Dominion song No Such Thing as a Broken Heart has a curse word in it so grab the radio edit, but it’s my favorite song for my kids to listen to and take to heart. With lyrics like, “When the whole world is down on its luck/I gotta make sure they keep that chin up,” and “Cry when it hurts, laugh when it’s funny/Chase after the dream, don’t chase after the money,” it’s a song I want my kids to live their lives by.
- I should also note – I did not grow up on country, so this playlist isn’t packed with classic country songs for kids. Want to know every song Queen ever sang or all of the words to Back in Black? I’m your girl.
Okay, so tell me – what’s your favorite genre of music to listen to with your kids? Let me know in the comments!
If you enjoyed these country songs for kids, you’ll love these..
25+ Hip Hop Songs for Kids – clean hip hop songs
100+ Kid Friendly Songs You Won’t Hate
Upbeat Songs for Kids You Will Love
Songs for Sons
The Best Rock and Roll Songs for Kids Playlist
Sebastian fuentes says
you should add “Chicken Fried” Zac Brown Band
Love that song! I tried to avoid any kind of reference to drinking for this playlist, but my boys love it!
Stephanie Megill says
Awesome List! This year’s Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquest is Western Themed – this helped me fill out the play list.
So glad it helped!! Enjoy!