This oatmeal zucchini cookie is everything a mom could want. Make-ahead veggie cookies can be baked and frozen for an easy breakfast for kids or snack. Make them with your kids to get them excited to try whole grains, fats, and zucchini. These vegetable cookies also have no refined sugar so you can leave the mom guilt behind.
I’m not a huge fan of early eating, but I also really dislike making breakfast for my kids. Dealing with grumpy kids who inherited my hatred for mornings is essentially my worst nightmare.
But some days, my kids want something a little more, and my mom guilt kicks in. I love having quick options on hand. Enter: make ahead breakfast cookie recipes.
Quick, make-ahead breakfast cookies with vegetables
Okay, so you’re sitting there thinking, uh, Morgan, baking takes some work,
That’s why I love making things like veggie cookies, cooling them down, and freezing them!
Defrost them overnight on the counter or quickly for a few minutes in the oven and you’re good to go.
Want more breakfast options? Check out this post: Breakfast Recipes for Kids
Tips for making veggie cookies with kids
Does baking with your kids give you a panic attack? Here are my favorite tips for making this vegetable cookie recipe with littles.
- When measuring sticky items like nut butter or honey, spray your measuring cups with cooking spray. Ingredients will slide right out!
- To mash the banana, place it on a flat plate and let kids mash with a potato masher. I love the plastic kids’plates from Target.
- Use a spring-loaded ice cream scoop to portion cookies. You’ll need to reduce the cook time about 2 minutes if using the traditional smaller cookie scoop.
- Give kids a square of parchment paper to neatly press the cookies and avoid messy hands. If it starts to stick to the paper, just spray it down with cooking spray.
- If you think the kids will freak over the green zucchini, peel before grating! Yellow squash is also a great option. I’ve also used carrots in this before.
Vegetable Cookie Recipe with Zucchini and Oatmeal for Breakfast
This simple, veggie cookie recipe is a great breakfast for kids. Packed full of veggies, whole grains, and fats, you won’t feel guilty giving your kids cookies for breakfast.
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to vote 5 stars! It helps others find it, and makes my day!
Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
This hidden veggie cookie recipe is everything a mom could want. Oatmeal Zucchini cookies can be baked and frozen for an easy meal or snack any time of year.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp basking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- .25 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- .25 cup nut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- .5 cup mix ins
- .5 cup maple syrup or honey
Preheat oven to 350, measure all ingredients out.
Mash banana and combine with wet ingredients.
Stir in dry ingredients.
Scoop into 1/4 cup balls, press into flat disks, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
You can replace the nut butter with sunflower seed butter to make allergy friendly.
Okay, so tell me – which meal do you hate most? Which do you like best? Let me know in the comments!