The best roasted broccoli recipe will become a staple for weeknights or your holiday table. The fresh vegetable is quickly roasted under the broiler with lemon and garlic making a crispy, crunchy, sweet side that even those who swear they hate it will fall for. This broccoli side dish for Thanksgiving will please the whole family and only takes a few minutes to make.
It might come as a surprise, but I was a vegetarian for about 10 years.
A half thought rebellion in the face of my parents’ divorce, I stuck to it into my 20’s.
Since no one else in my family was a vegetarian, my parents were often in the position of needing to make something ‘special’ for me. But more often than not, I was okay with salad, noodles, and a veggie side.
My favorite was always this best roasted broccoli recipe with garlic and Parmesan my mom made. She cooks it super hot with a generous amount of oil so the edges get crispy, topping with lots of lemon and Parmesan cheese. It makes for a vegetable side that could easily be subbed in for a meal.
I would know.
The BEST Roasted Broccoli Recipe, ever. No, really
This roasted veggie recipe became such a loved veggie dish in my family. To the point that any year we were going to my dad’s for Thanksgiving, my brother would get the recipe and try it himself.
It’s the perfect broccoli side for Thanksgiving – you can toss it in after you take out the turkey, and cook the broccoli while it rests and you cut it.
The recipe doubles very well, just make sure that when laying on the baking sheet you don’t overlap or else your broccoli will steam and not get crispy, which is key to the most delicious broccoli you’ve ever had in your life.
Tips for making this roasted broccoli recipe
- Start with a super hot oven – make sure your broiler is preheated.
- Make sure your broccoli is dry before adding the dressing.
- When cutting, I usually just cut each little ‘tree’ off and cut the rest to about the same size. I also usually cut the center of the talk into large sticks about the same size but that’s my own preference.
- Use real, fresh Parmesan. Bonus points if you grate it yourself, but make sure you at least get it from the specialty cheese section of your grocery store.
Best Roasted Broccoli Recipe with Garlic and Parmesan
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to vote 5 stars! It helps others find it, and makes my day!
The Best Ever Roasted Broccoli with Garlic Recipe
The best ever roasted broccoli with garlic will become a staple for weeknights as well as your holiday table. Broccoli is quickly roasted under the broiler with lemon and garlic making crispy, crunchy, sweet broccoli
- 2 medium sized broccoli stalks 3-4 cups
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven by turning the broiler on high.
Cut broccoli into florets.
Grate garlic and chop it very fine. Combine garlic, oil, juice of the lemon, salt and pepper before combining with the broccoli. Rub the dressing into the broccoli well.
- Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet and place on the center rack of your oven. Broil for 10 minutes before removing to quickly stir. Return to broil for about 5 minutes and remove.
- Toss with 2-3 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest before serving.
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.