Pizza Chicken is an easy, 15 minute dinner for picky eaters. This kid friendly meal uses only 4 ingredients to make a one-pan meal the whole family will love. Add hidden vegetable spaghetti sauce and fun, veggie toppings to make a secretly better for you pizza dinner for kids.[Read more…]
Breast milk pancakes are a great way to use up a freezer stash you don’t need. These pancakes made with breastmilk are perfect for baby and freeze well for easy breakfasts while baby led weaning.
Both of my boys refused a bottle. This was fine since we were lucky enough that I was able to stay home full time, so it wasn’t needed.
But as a new mom, I started a breast milk stash “just in case” that I never needed. Hating to waste it, I needed to find some good uses for breastmilk.
Enter: breast milk pancakes
The concept of these is simple – basically replace breastmilk in your favorite pancake recipe and go. I made a few changes to incorporate oats and reduce sugar.
This recipe is a family favorite for both of my boys when they were baby led weaning, and freezes perfectly. I recommend a double batch and freezing the extras for easy meals.
Freezing breast milk pancakes
This recipe will give you about 75 2 inch pancakes if you double the recipe. I love using a griddle like this one to make them quickly. Here’s how to freeze the extras.
- Allow to cool. then lay pancakes on a sheet pan in one layer, stacking with parchment or wax paper if needed.
- Allow freezing until solid.
- Transfer to zip top bags and freeze for 3-6 months.
Remove from the freezer and defrost for a few minutes to defrost. You can also toast in the toaster or oven.
How to serve pancakes for Baby Led Weaning
In general babies can be serves a whole pancake and they can manage well.
You can also chop up the pancake into tiny pieces to encourage working on the pincer grip, or cut into sticks.
We typically leave them plain, but topping or dipping in maple syrup, yogurt, jam, or nut butters are also popular in our house.
Remember to avoid honey for babies under 1!
Breast Milk Pancakes Recipe for Babies
If you enjoy this recipe, please remember to vote 5 stars! It helps others find it, and makes my day!
Breast Milk Pancakes
- 1 cup flour of choice
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup breast milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener of choice maple syrup, white sugar, brown sugar, etc
- 1 tsp more or less to taste cinnamon
- Mix-ins of choice
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon is using in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla, sweetener, and oil.
- Gently stir the wet and dry ingredients, stirring as little as possible while getting rid of as many dry spots as possible. Small lumps are fine, don’t over stir.
- Heat up a pan over medium, and grease it. Spoon out batter on to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes, or until the sides are set and bubbles are forming in the center of the pancakes, then flip.
- Cook about one more minute on the other side until golden and transfer to a wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- If you wish, add in mix-ins after the batter is scooped but still wet.
Looking for some calm songs for kids? These soft and melodic songs are sure to bring down the energy to help kids quiet thier minds and emotions. Whether you’re looking to use these calming kids songs as bed time tunes or just to enforce quiet time, know the whole family will love it![Read more…]
Preparing for your second baby can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to! While adding another little to your family is exciting, there are a few things you can do to make it easier. Today we’re chatting about what you can do to make the transition easier!
Bringing in a new little person into your family is stressful. Bringing in a second little one into your family can be even more stressful.
When my second was born, we were looking at 2 under 2 and wondering how on earth we’d manage. I’m here to share some of my BEST tips for how to prepare for a second baby!
How to Prepare for a Second Baby[Read more…]
Truck books for kids are the perfect solution for a vehicle loving kiddo who doesn’t like to read. These children’s books about transportation are sure to be a hit with your little mechanic to be. Any kid would love to find these truck books in their pile of birthday gifts![Read more…]