Songs for daughters can be a great way to express how you feel about your little girl. Whether you’re looking for a father-daughter wedding song or just a sweet baby lullaby to sing, we’ve collected the best daughter songs for you!
The BEST Songs For Daughters That Will Give You All the Feels
- Daughters – John Mayer. I think I’d be completely remiss if I didn’t add this one. I always loved this song, but cried the first time I heard it after my daughter was born.
- I’ll Be – Reba McEntire. Lyrics like, “I’ll be the light that shines for you./When you forget how beautiful you are” will sting the heart of any parent of a little girl.
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder. Written by Mr. Wonder when his daughter was born, this is the epitome of songs about daughters that we’ve all probably heard before!
- My Girl – The Temptations. Not technically a song about daughters, but it works just as well and is always a fun song to sing to your little girl!
- My Little Girl – Jack Johnson. The same sweet, folksy style Johnson is known for is turned into a sweet song for his daughter. “You stole my heart the moment you were born,” is bound to resonate with any parent.
- Cecilia and The Satellite – Andrew McMahon. You might know this singer from the 00’s pop punk band “Something Corporate” and “Jack’s Mannequin” but now he’s a dad and writing sweet song for his little girl!
Want to make some playlists?
We LOVE Amazon Music Unlimited – it lets me make playlists easily on my computer or phone and play anywhere. It also syncs with Alexa, so your kids can play their favorite playlists whenever they want.
Sweet Father-Daughter Songs
- For my Daughter – Kane Brown. This father-daughter song is both sweet and sad with lyrics like, “I grew up without a dad/I’m gonna be the best one I can be.”
- Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle. Following his little girl from baby to bride, the lyrics will make you ache to keep your daughter young forever.
- My Little Girl – Tim McGraw. Any daddy’s girl will love this song, and any girl dad will feel this line to his boots. “Go on, take on this old world but to me/You know you’ll always be my little girl.”
- Glory – Jay-Z. This song gave me chills when I first heard it before I had any kids of my own. It was written for and featured his daughter, Blue. “Baby, I paint the sky blue/My greatest creation was you.”
- There Goes My Life – Kenny Chesney. Focusing on a young dad “ruining” his life with an unexpected pregnancy and growing to him watching his little girl go off to college, this country song about daughters will make you bawl.
- When You Need Me – Bruce Springsteen. This Jersey Girl would be remiss without adding a Bruce song, and this sweet father-daughter song is perfect, with lyrics like, “And when those mean days come along/We’ll stand together and we’ll take ’em on/So if you need me just call my name.”
Mother Daughter Songs
- In My Daughter’s Eyes – Martina McBride. A great reminder about the impact mother’s have on their daughters.
- Never Grow Up – Taylor Swift. This will forever be my favorite song to sing to my babies, but it’s also the perfect mother-daughter song. Get ready for the waterworks!
- Mamma’s Song – Carrie Underwood. Another tear-jerker, this one is a daughter talking to her mom on her wedding day and reassuring her.
- You Can’t Lose Me – Faith Hill. Similar to Carrie’s song, Faith Hill’s version starts with a mom wiping tears after her daughter’s lost race and telling her she can’t lose her mom and ends with her daughter telling her the same back.
- Blue – Beyoncé. Another modern song for daughters and another song written for Ms. Blue Ivy, this is a great song about the love Queen B has for her little girl.
- Where You Lead, I Will Follow – Carole King. Made famous by the show, “Gilmore Girls,” this one is something any mom would gladly sing to her daughter.
Even More Daughter Songs
- Father and Daughter by Paul Simon
- Gracie by Ben Folds
- Only One by Kanye West
- Right By You (For Luna) by John Legend
- Daughter by Loudon Wainwright III
- Teenage Daughters by Martina McBride
- Sweetest Devotion by Adele
Okay, so tell me – what song will you be singing to your daughters today? Let me know in the comments!