Songs for sons can be a great way to express how you feel about your little boy. Whether you’re looking for a mother-son wedding song or just a sweet baby lullaby to sing, we’ve collected the best son songs for you!
As a mom of 2 boys, I’ve run the gamut of singing sweet songs to my guys. While there are tons of songs about daughters, it can be a bit tougher to find songs for sons!
The BEST Songs For Sons That Say It All
Have no fear – like always, we have collected all the best songs for kids an put them in one place for you.
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys. This song is perfect for any kiddo, but it really speaks to how we feel as parents once our kids come along.
- Forever Young – Rod Stewart. What parent doesn’t want their little to stay young forever?
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts. With lyrics like “My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to/Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small” it’s a perfect song to sing to your sons!
- Here For You – Neil Young. At the end of the day, we all want our little boys to know we are here for them, right?
- You Had to Be There – Tim McGraw. This song about missing out on a little boy’s life is enough to pull on anyone’s heartstrings!
- Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) – John Lennon. It’s hard not to fall in love with this gorgeous song about sons written for Lennon’s own son. Love the Beatles? Check out my Beatles Songs for Kids post.
Want to make some playlists?
We LOVE Amazon Music Unlimited – it lets me make playlists easily on my computer or phone and play anywhere. It also syncs with Alexa, so your kids can play their favorite playlists whenever they want.
Sweet Father-Son Songs
- Boy – Lee Brice.I mentioned this one in my songs to sing to baby post, but it always makes me cry listening to it.
- Just the Two of Us – Will Smith. A classic, how can you not love this old school Will Smith song!
- Monsters – James Blunt. Another tear-jerker, the words of this song are sure to give you the feels.
- Like Father, Like Son – The Game. If you like my hip hop songs for kids post, you’ll love this rap song about a son.
- Watching You – Rodney Adkins. The perfect reminder that your son is watching you and taking it in at all times.
- Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw. This is one of my favorite country songs for kids, and it has such a great message.
- You Will Always Be My Son – Anthem Lights. “I don’t ever wanna let you go/But I can’t wait to get to watch you grow/And no matter what this life might bring/I want you to know that you will always be/You will always be my son.”
- Anything L if ike Me – Brad Paisley. If you were a bit rowdy as a kid and know your son will be just like you, you’ll love this song
- Love Without End, Amen – George Strait. This story behind the song clip is almost as much of a tear-jerker as the song
Mother Son Songs
- He Gets That From Me – Reba McEntire. Dad’s get a lot of the credit for their sons’ are just like them, but this celebrates the bond with mom.
- Child of Mine – Carole King. “Oh, yes sweet darling/So glad you are a child of mine”
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion. This classic realy says it all in terms of how mommas feel about their sons.
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Roberta Flack. I have such special memories of the first time I ever saw my boys, and this mother son song is the perfect explanation.
- You’re Gonna Be – Reba McEntire. “You’re gonna fly with every dream you chase/You’re gonna cry, but know that that’s okay”
- Lullaby for Wyatt – Sheryl Crow. This sweet modern lullaby is perfect for singing your little boy to sleep.
- The One Thing – Shakir. Finally, Shakira sings about her little boy in this adorable, lovely song for sons.
Okay, so tell me – what song will you be singing to your sons today? Let me know in the comments!