Need some upbeat kids songs to put your littles in a good mood? These clean happy songs are perfect for a kitchen dance party, a long road trip, or just a ho-hum morning. Blast these kid-safe upbeat jams without worrying about inappropriate messages.
It’s no surprise that I use music at home to help put my nuggets in a good mood. If they start to get grumpy, I usually blast some dance songs for kids and encourage them to shake their groove thing.
Other times, I just need something to put on to speed up the breakfast routine or keep them awake before bedtime, which is when these clean upbeat songs for kids come in extra handy.
The Best Clean, Upbeat Songs for Kids
If you’re in need for some upbeat songs for kids, you’re in luck. I’m sharing my favorite kid-appropriate happy songs playlist sure to put anyone in a good mood.
- Happy – Pharell. I’d be remiss leaving this new classic off! This kid-friendly happy song is the epitome of upbeat songs.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake. From the Trolls movie soundtrack, JT hit the nail on the head here. You can’t help but wiggle to this one.
- Kids in America – Kim Wilde. There are a bunch of covers for this song, but the Kim Wilde version is the classic.
- Try Everything – Shakira. From the movie Zootopia, not only does this clean happy song have a beat to get you moving, the message is a great one. With lyrics like, “I wanna try even though I could fail” you can’t lose.
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen. Beware – this 2009 hit probably just got out of your head. But the cutesy boy meets girl song is too catchy and kid-friendly to leave off.
- Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon. Another earworm, this song literally encourages your kiddos to stop talking and dance! What more could you want from an upbeat song for kids.
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire. Something about this song holds a dear place in my heart and always makes me feel the music. Expose your kids to this oldie but goodie and get down with them!
- Stronger – Kelly Clarkson. This clean upbeat song is not just a fun one to dance around to, but also has a great, empowering message.
- Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus. You might not immediately think of Miley when you think of clean kids songs, but this song is from her Hannah Montana days. You can’t go wrong with this one.
- Hey Soul Sister – Train. A little less crazy dancing and more happy go lucky, this Train hit is such a cute song that you’ll be able to tolerate.
- Roar – Katy Perry. Another girl power song your kids will adore – anything that encourages littles to ROAR! is sure to be a win.
- Feel It Still – Portugal the Man. Coming from a house of rock lovers, this rock and roll song for kids had to be on the list. It has a great vibe and is fun to dance to.
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys. Is there anything more upbeat than the Beach Boys?
Even more clean upbeat songs…
- MMMBop – Hanson. The song of my childhood! The best part about this song is no one actually knows the words, so your toddler will be able to sing along too.
- Jump In The Line (Shake, Señora) – Harry Belafonte. I don’t know if anyone can sing this clean upbeat song without thinking of Beetlejuice, but either way, it’s a fun one to shake your booty to!
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey. A classic. Break out the air guitars and teach your kids the way to rock out.
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce. Get your Queen B on and sashay across the kitchen listening to the ultimate of fun, kid friendly upbeat songs.
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse. One of her few and far between kid-friendly songs, this one has a fun beat and vibe that can’t be denied.
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves. Finally, the ultimate in happy, upbeat songs. This one has everything a happy song needs – happy lyrics, beat, and even a happy title!
Okay so, what kid friendly happy songs did I miss? What’s your go-to song for turning around a bad mood?
Looking for more kid-friendly playlists?
- Rock and Roll Songs for Kids
- Dance Songs for Kids
- Girl Power Songs
- 100+ clean songs for kids
- Hip hop songs for kids
- Songs for Daughters
Got a picky eater?
My kids eat their veggies every day without complaining. Want my secret?
Grab the Outsmart your Picky Eater cheat sheets to get the inside scoop on how to add veggies to food your kids already love.