Looking for some calm songs for kids? These soft and melodic songs are sure to bring down the energy to help kids quiet thier minds and emotions. Whether you’re looking to use these calming kids songs as bed time tunes or just to enforce quiet time, know the whole family will love it!
With a 6 and 4-year-old, and a 2-month-old, life is pretty crazy in these parts. We’re constantly begging the boys to calm down a bit and quiet so their sister can sleep.
This is why I’ve been enforcing a quiet time a lot lately. Nothing long or crazy, but an hour or so in their room playing LEGO and listening to soft, calming music.
11 Calming Songs for Kids
If you’re looking from some calming kids songs, as always, I’ve got you covered. These songs are just soft, peaceful songs you and your kids will love.
(If you’re looking for lullabies, check out my songs to sing to baby post!)
- Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. Whether you’re looking at the original Judy Garland or this more modern version with a ukilele, this is perfect.
- Lullaby– Jack Johnson. This singer is generally a huge source of calming, easy music, but this version is perfect for kiddos.
- Imagine – John Lennon. “You may say I’m a dreamer/But I’m not the only one/I hope some day you’ll join us/And the world will be as one.” If that visual doesn’t ease you, I’m not sure what will.
- Wild World – Cat Stevens. I great up on this song, and it’s a great and easy sing along for the whole family.
- Lean on Me – Bill Withers. Sometimes calming your kiddos looks more like reminding them they have the support they need. This is a great way to remind them.
More Calm Songs for Kids..
- Moon River -Audrey Hepburn. I’m a huge Breakfast at Tiffany’s fan – this sweet song always makes me feel a bit calmer.
- Come Fly With Me – Frank Sinatra. As a Jersey girl, I love Sinatra. This one is a bit more upbeat, but still great for winding down.
- The Rainbow Connection – Kenny Loggins. This song holds a soft spot for me since it was my father-daughter song at my wedding. But it’s perfectly peaceful.
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac. Who doesn’t love this song? Honestly, it’s my go to when I am in the mood to listen to some classic rock that will also bring me off a ledge.
- Yellow – Coldplay. We’ve all heard this song and we’ve all been calmed by it. Between sweet notes and a lovely, mellow voice, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Here Comes the Sun – the Beatles. This is such a gorgeous, calming song to play for kiddos to remind them each morning is a new day. Love the Beatles? Check out our Beatles Songs for Kids post.
Kid’s Calming Songs
If you’re looking for more kiddy songs (no judgement here!) that will help your kiddo calm down, here are some good options.
Okay, so tell me – what songs do you use to calm your kids down? Let me know in the comments!