Today is my birthday! I turn 23, which is the same age my mom had me, her first child. Although I know 23 will be an amazing year for me, here are 23 reasons 22 was awesome, in no particular order.
-I married my best friend.
-I graduated college
-I took my first international trip. (Punta cana for our Honeymoon!)
-The Mechanic and I got pregnant!
-We got Cooper!
-I became closer with my dad.
-Road trippin’ to Texas for BBQ (okay so I was newly pregnant and had morning sickness for a LARGE part of the 7 day trip and 28 consecutive hour drive to Austin – still worth is for world renowned BBQ)
-I started my job (which started as an internship, then a temp while someone was on maternity leave, then intern again) full-time.
I got more into fitness.
– I started this blog!
So what’s been your best year so far?
While I’m getting together my thoughts on my last non-mommy NYC trip and recovering from it (long story short – my entire lower body is sore from walking non stop and wearing shoes that got wet at 10 AM) I figured I’d give you my list of favorite TV shows to binge watch when I am off and/or home sick.
Boy Meets World
There are few shows that I have encountered that I can watch the same episodes over and over and over and over. Boy Meets World is one of those shows for me. I watch an episode on ABC Family nearly every morning while getting ready and there is nothing more comforting to me than watching a few hours of it while sick on the couch.
You might want to binge this one if: You’re craving funny, reasonably wholesome entertainment with life lessons scattered throughout. Watch Corey, Sean, and Topanga grown up from middle school to college and learn from eachother, their friends, family, and of course, Mr. Feeny.
I started watching this when I was in High School, and when I went to college I was too busy/lazy/tired to continue. When the series finale came and went, I decided to catch up, and last summer, I spent any down time I had watching the entire series. Totally worth not having to wait week to week to see how the drama unfolds.
You might want to binge on this one if: You miss the exaggerated high school drama. Or want to watch a good dramatic and painful relationship come to get and fall apart over and over. Blair and Chuck 4 eva <3
This one’s a bit newer, but I find it a bit addicting. I’m a weirdo who likes supernatural/otherworld stories and this one fits the bill. It’s in the middle of the third season right now and just went on the fall hiatus, so it’s a good time to catch up on it.
You might want to binge on this one if: You like shows like Supernatural and/or cop shows such as CSI. It’s about a police officer who finds out he has the power to see people who are basically monsters in disguise, and has the destiny to kill the bad ones. There’s a lot of really good comic relief with a few of the characters as well as a few love triangles.
One of the few shows I have watched since it first aired, New Girl is hilarious and never fails to make me see a bit of myself more clearly. I(I’m pretty sure Jess and I might be the same person..)
You might want to binge on this one if: You want to watch a funny girly show about a girl trying to hang out with the guys and find her place in a relatively normal world when she is FAR from a normal girl. Episodes are short, too, 30 minutes each, so you can watch a bunch at once or one when you’re making dinner.
I don’t even know if this one REALLY needs an intro, since everyone knows and loves this show. Amazing.
You might want to binge on this one if: You want to laugh hysterically while having a warm family lesson. Again. Amazing.
The Wild Thornberry’s
When I was in college, I dated a really nerdy IT type kid, who could burn me DVDs of any show or movie I could think of. One day he surprised me with all of the episodes of Nickelodeon’s the Wild Thornberry’s. Nostalgia at it’s finest.
You might want to binge on this one if: you’re in the mood for cartoons, want to watch something animal based, or just want to watch one of your favorite TV show from your childhood. Plus, the voice of Eliza is actually Gretchen Wieners from Mean Girls. Watch a few episodes and see if you can catch it! (I never can..)
I asked Santa for a Netflix subscription this year .. any shows I should add to my list?
So far, my day has consisted of :
More snow; Christmas nails; Sleep pup
On Saturdays, the Mechanic goes into work at 6 am while I attempt to sleep in for once. (this never ends well, as Daddy is Cooper’s favorite person in the whole wide world, and he cried for a half hour after he leaves..) The rest of y day is spent relaxing and slowly catching up on laundry/cleaning/trashy TV. This always involves surfing the internet while doing so. So here are my favorite things I found on the world wide web
How adorable is this ornament that you made with baby’s hospital bracelet and beanie from the hospital? I love meaningful ornaments, and I really hope I can remember this one for next year!
Sandwiches have been pretty much my biggest pregnancy craving so far. Put anything between bread and I will inhale it. This sandwich/grilled cheese looks AMAZING/ Avocado and sundried tomato? Please and thank you. Though, I’d probably use normal white bread and maybe mozzarella cheese ;]
I have a love for all things Beyoncé, and if you get into my car (when it’s not Christmas time, I should say.) chances are Queen Bey herself will be on. So imagine my elation waking up to texts and articles all about her secret over night release. This has been on repeat since I bought it, Christmas music not with standing.
Favorite Time Waste:
I found this website last week and let me tell you, I cannot stop. It’s addicting! Now about five times a day I text the Mechanic with baby name ideas, much to his dismay. And there’s even a place to save your favorites! A must for all you preggo’s out there!
We’re going to the city tomorrow to see the tree and hang out, and one of my favorite things is the smell of the candied nuts that the street vendors sell in NYC. I can’t wait to try this recipe and have “city nuts”, as we call them, all year long!!
Tonight I’m off to a Christmas party at the Mechanic’s aunt’s house and birthday dinner with my dad, then tomorrow we’re off to NYC! Have a great weekend!!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11412143/?claim=y6y62vg7rmk”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I have watched many a chick flick, and read many a girly romance novel. With this, I feel, often comes a discussion and insight on pregnancy or babies. You know, puking at everything, glowing skin and beautiful long hair, adorable baby bumps, the panic of choosing registry items.. the norm. Funny, though, that when I became pregnant, I had a whole OTHER set of “symptoms” and “reactions” than these books and movies. So here is my list of ten things I didn’t expect to happen or feel in my first trimester, so that hopefully, you WILL be prepared for these things, unlike little ol’ me.
8. Babies are suddenly cute. Well. Some of them. I will be the first to tell you, I don’t like babies. I never babysat, never changed a diaper, and coo over puppies before even noticing the newborn in the stroller. Since becoming pregnant, babies are cute to me. Sometimes. Some babies. The one’s that don’t terrify me for what’s coming my way. (ex: children screaming bloody murder)
7. The need to pee. That image you have of a gigantically pregnant lady getting up eight times a night to pee because her uterus is pressing on her bladder like no other? Yeah, it isn’t just for the 30 weeks+ crew. Within a week of finding out I was pregnant, I I was getting up four or five times a night to pee. Why does no one warn you of this?!
6. The books are terrifying. I found out I was pregnant just as my husband and I were going to bed on a Friday when he had work the next morning at 6 AM. I knew I was not going to be anytime soon, so I sat on the couch, bought What to Expect on my Nook, and read all night. WORST IDEA EVER. Avoid all of those pregnancy books. They are terrifying and will make you think every twinge is the end.
5. Itchy, hot nipples. Oh my dear Lord. The other morning, my husband came downstairs to find me with and ice cube wrapped in a paper towel, alternating pressing it to my nips. Seriously guys, I have never imagine something like this. It’s almost like that feeling of when you have REALLY HOT and ITCHY sunburn, but you can’t itch it because it’s so delicate. Sometimes putting itch cream on them helped, but usually I just tough it out. Only advice I CAN give, it TAKE YOUR BRA OFF. It’s not helping the situation, trust me.
4. Leaky nipples. The first time this happened, my husband told me that I probably had some gross infection I should get checked out and I agreed. Thankfully, I used handy dandy Google to find out that, no, all was find in the chest area, and that. Yes, even though I was barely preggo at the time and there was DEFINITELY no milk in those pups, there was secretion. You’ve been warned.
3. Fearing your period. My whole teenage life, getting my period was a relief. I anticipated it, planned events around it, and freaked out when I was simply a day or two late. No longer. Get ready, because any little drip down there, you will be rushing to the bathroom to make sure Aunt Flow hasn’t come, signifying a problem.
2. THE BLOAT. “Is that a baby bump I see there missy?” “No, it’s a food baby. I ate a lot yesterday and I’m bloated.” Honest conversation I had with my boss two weeks ago. I always thought that I’d have a cute little bump pretty soon into my pregnancy. Instead, I got a large pouch that looks like I had a few too many tacos. (Okay, so I DID have a few tacos last night…) No one told me that I’d look 5 months pregnant at 2 months, and not in a good way.
1. The unbelievable connection, protection, and love for something the size of a pea. This one is pretty self-explanatory, but, while I knew I would love a baby growing inside me, I didn’t expect that it would be so immediate. I never ever expected that the very day I found out I was pregnant, I would love this baby more than anything.
And that’s my first trimester list of things unexpected. None are terrible, just unexpected. So, what’s something you experienced when you got pregnant that blindsided you?